keycode sintax in us symbol file - X window keyboard configuration -

Subject: keycode sintax in us symbol file - X window keyboard configuration -
From: Manuel Castejon Limas (manuel.castejon@dim.unirioja.es)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 04:34:32 MST

Hi all, I am trying to configure a G3 Notebook Keyboard in X window.
I want it in the Spanish "flavor" , I have found the best way to modify myself the "us" one so as to start with.

I have had a partial sucess that makes me feel quite happy considering how badly things seemed at start. Nonetheless there are a few keys I couldn´t make them work ok, unless I use xmodmap. I wold rather use the file ....../symbols/us that I have modified but entries in the file look like

key <AD01> { [ q, Q ] };
key <AD02> { [ w, W ] };
key <AD03> { [ e, E ] };
key <AD04> { [ r, R ] };
key <AD05> { [ t, T ] };
key <AD06> { [ y, Y ] };
key <AD07> { [ u, U ] };
key <AD08> { [ i, I ] };
key <AD09> { [ o, O ] };

How could I use the keycode sintax - the one I use in xmodmap - here?

Any help would be greatly appreciatted!!

Thanks in advance.

--

Manuel Castejón Limas
Dpt. Mechanical Engineering