New User Needs Help

Subject: New User Needs Help
bitch_trix@mac.com
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 18:24:30 MST

Hello, new to YDL and Linux in general, and have a small issue I'm trying
to figure out.

Got thru the complete process of setting it up and installing YDL on a
second ATA Drive in a new PM G4-400.

Everything went smooth except getting it to boot into it.

The second drive has a small Mac OS HFS partition with a minimal system
installed, along with the yaboot files:
yaboot.conf - vmlinux - bootscript

the Mac OS partition is 9,
the root is in partition 10,
a user partition is on 11, and
a swap on 12 of hdb

made the listed changes per documentation in the .conf file,
and below is what I have:

init-message = "\nWelcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot
options.\n\n"
timeout = 150
default = linux

image = hd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = linux

image = hd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = linux-novideo
    novideo

image = cd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = install
    initrd = cd:,\\\\ramdisk.image.gz
    initrd-size=8192

image = cd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = install-novideo
    initrd = cd:,\\\\ramdisk.image.gz
    initrd-size=8192
    novideo

image = cd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = cd-linux

image = cd:,\\\\vmlinux
    label = cd-linux-novideo
    novideo

Then Went on to open firmware as suggested, and put this in:

setenv boot-device hd:,\\bootscript

It tells me ok, but typing in:

"boot"

just gives me a dialouge saying it cannot find hd:,\\bootscript

Any pointers as to what im doing wrong? im sure its something stupidly
simple...

Thanks!

--
BT