Re: Kernel 2.4.2 - does this work on PPC?

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.2 - does this work on PPC?
minfrin@sharp.fm
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 03:28:20 MST

Hollis R Blanchard wrote:

> This means you're using the kernel.org sources. Don't.
>
> Please see http://www.penguinppc.org/usr/kernel.shtml and
> http://www.penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

The 2.4.3pre2 tree that I pulled down yesterday is broken - there are a
whole lot of missing symbols reported by depmod. Is the 2.4-bk tree any
different?

Is there a stable version of the Linux kernel out there anywhere for
PPC? I've tried a number of the 2.2.x prerelease kernels for PPC, and
all of them are unreliable, which is part of the reason I am trying out
v2.4.x.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon