Re: Help with Proftp

Subject: Re: Help with Proftp
From: Xavier (cbastos@embratel.net.br)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 04:45:19 MST

Luis Martínez wrote:

> A linux "guru" got my system running with Proftp (or it looked like) but I
> cannot make users (I´m too busy and don´t have time to look at proftp and my
> server is in a local intranet).
> How can I make my system work with a normal/simple/easier ftp server so
> everytime I make a new linux account it creates a new ftp user, so everybody
> has their directories and can up/download and so on...
>
> Could it be something related with switching from in.proftp to in.tftp?
>
> How can I do this?
>
> thanks,
> --
> Luis Martínez

Hi,

Proftpd is much easier to setup than wu-ftpd. You only have one file co
configure,
it is at /etc/proftpd or /usr/local/etc/proftpd. and once you have
created a user
he/she already have their ftp account. The only thing you have to pay
attention is
if their shell (like suppose a made by you restrict shell) is declared
in the file
/etc/shells.

Regards,
Carlos