Permissions in directories

Subject: Permissions in directories
From: Luis Martnez (luis@atlantida.es)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 02:48:02 MST

I created some users accounts so they can access the server with netatalk,
see their directories, put the appropiate files in their respective folders
called userweb, and linked that directory to a directory inside htdocs.
When they put the file, they come to netscape or explorer to see the file,
but it refuses, because the owner gave it automatically the permission not
to read nor execute, so everytime I need to access the folder, locate the
file and chmod the file with +rx.

Is there any other/easier/proper way to do/automate this kind of service? (I
hope so)

Thanks,

--
Luis Martínez