Long time accessing the server

Subject: Long time accessing the server
From: Luis Martnez (luis@atlantida.es)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 03:01:21 MST

Hi again:

I have the local server in a local intranet, more or less properly
configured (switch 10/100 MB/sc ethernet). Have a production server
colocated in a company without much troubles/problems.
Trying to improve it everyday with my limitations in time and knowledge (in
that order).
When I connect my local server from a remote machine via ssh (macssh at full
duplex) or ftp (Dreamweaver or fetch) it takes looong time to connect. I´ve
seen this topic in the list in the past and try some things from the
messages found, but I cannot make it work faster.
Once connected it works normally.
Our main server works flawlessly via ftp or ssh.
I think it could be related with reverse DNS lookups (or something like
this, I don´t remember right now).

Apache is working as expected, with normal response (lightning fast!!!) in
local and remote servers.

Could anybody comment something?

Thanks again for the support given in the past to all members in the list.
This list is a valuable piece of help when "walls came tumbling down".

Regards,

--
Luis Martínez