Re: Reiserfs

Subject: Re: Reiserfs
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 22:35:56 MST

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 ripstop@magicaldesk.com wrote:

> I am interested in changing over to a journaling filesystem, with the
> presupposition that it will handle accidental power-downs with a little more
> grace than ext2...should I just follow the redhat-centric instructions for
> this fs change, or is there a YD specific Man re: this?

Since you are using a PPC, many advanced kernel features will lag behind their
x86 versions.

There is experimental reiserfs work it at http://penguinppc.org/jeffm.

XFS (SGI's journaling filesystem) work happened a few months ago, and is
reportedly stable. See http://penguinppc.org/dev for the link.

-Hollis