Continuing PM8500 DHCP problem

Subject: Continuing PM8500 DHCP problem
From: Wei Chang (wchang@intrinsity.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 09:21:24 MST

I posted yesterday about not being able to connect through my cable
modem using the internal ethernet port on my PM8500. I installed YDL
using the CS 1.2.1 CD. I do the following:

ifconfig eth0

Returns the MAC address, IRQ, etc of the port. I am assuming this tells
me the kernel "sees" my internal ethernet port. Then I do:

pump -k
pump -i eth0
pump -s

The status screen shows that eth0 was able to obtain an IP, DNS, domain,
etc. However, when I attemp to ping an internet address (ie
www.yahoo.com), no response. I can ping myself of course. Any ideas
guys how I can get connected to the outside world?

- wei