Re: cannot create partition

Subject: Re: cannot create partition
From: BX (Bitch_Trix@mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 16:25:15 MST

At 12:31 PM -0800 3/22/01, jmmd@nerve.com wrote:

>Hello,
> Trying to create parttion on free space...message is "requested base and
>legnth is not withtin an existing free partition"
> We had a previous Linux install here, but wanted to wipe it and start
>over...as "root" deleted the Linux partitions, wiped the disk twice...
>Pdisk prints no linux partitions...
> Thanks

Deleting the partition from within pdisk? had a problem like that - it
would nt let me write over a partition that was mac formatted, but using
the delete partition from within pdisk worked. If i didnt misunderstand you
when you said you deleted it as root (im assuming from within linux
itself), I just did it from the boot/install CD.

Excuse me if i misunderstood you.

8-)

--
BX