Re: office install difficulties

Subject: Re: office install difficulties
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 03:42:59 MST

Donn Tarris wrote:

> Stew Benedict wrote:
> >
> > This is what I get on my hybrid YDL system:
> >
> > [stew@powerbook base]$ locate libXaw.so.7
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7.0
> > [stew@powerbook base]$ rpm -qif /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7
> > Name : XFree86-libs

Due to other "playing around" that I was doing, it was necessary for me to
reinstall YDL 1.2.1 today. After doing so, I performed a "yup update" and then
put back some things I had before, such as gimp 1.2.1...

I figured that here I've done everything that should be necessary to be at a
fresh start to be able to download the Office install again...

I'm still missing the libXaw.so.7 and cannot locate/find/devine where to get
hold of it. I may be "blind" at this point and would dearly appreciate someone
pointing me to an exact location for the necessary rpm file if it exists to be
able to get past this barrier! It would also be handy to know if I'm going to
run into some other missing piece once I satisfy this one...

Thanks folks!
Donn