Re: Add IP address

Subject: Re: Add IP address
chris@music.mcgill.ca
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 18:56:21 MST

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 jmmd@nerve.com wrote:
> I have one ethernet card, and need to add an additional IP address to
>this machine for my mailserver.I think i have to create a startup script
>somewhere..It was fairly straightforward in OS X, (about only thing that
>was..) How can I accomplish this? Thanks....Joe

 cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0\:1

 vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0\:1

 Setup the DEVICE and IP addresses accordingly, here is an example of both
of these files:

[root@localhost network-scripts]# more ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=192.168.0.9