BootX Problems with a G3 (Blue and White)

Subject: BootX Problems with a G3 (Blue and White)
From: Jaime G. Almeida H. (al447923@mail.mty.itesm.mx)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 13:10:12 MST

Hi, I downloaded Champion Server 1.2.1(iso images) to install YDL on a G3 White and Blue (Not Rev. 2)
Chars: 400Mhz 512MG RAM, 1 SCSI 8GB, 2 IDE 13GB,1 IDE 40GB
(BootX is runnung on the 13GB IDE(slave)).

Using BootX I follow all the instructions, even selecting the 'novideo option' and when I click on the linux button, I get a black screen and nothing seems to happen(and I waited for something to happen for 15 minutes) (This also happend a long time ago when I tried to install LinuxPPC)

Then I tried using yaboot, but when I press enter I get the following message:

Wrong partition 1 signature
Config file read,
I pres enter again and I get a
Wrong partition 1 signature
not a valid ELF image.

Then I pressed tab to get image listings. I tried all the images and yaboot told me that none of the images existed on the CD.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Jaime