Re: MySQL?

Subject: Re: MySQL?
From: Charles Eggers (ceggers@solitonresearch.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 17:25:43 MST

>OK, silly question. How can I tell if MySQL is installed and if it's not,
>what's the best way to install it? I thought that it came with YDL 1.2.1 (on
>the tasty CD), but I can't find any evidence of it on my machine, though I
>can locate Postgresql fine. Running yup to try to update/install it returns
>an error "Package not found." Is it no longer an RPM that can be installed
>via yup? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Perhaps I did it the hard way, but I downloaded the source (v3.23.33)
from http://www.mysql.com and followed the instructions. It was
actually rather painless compared to some of the other things I've
built from source, and it seems to work as advertised.

Good luck -
Chuck

--
Charles E. Eggers, President