Re: YDL 1.2.1 on PM9600 with NewerTech G4/400 - Processor recognized as G3 only

Subject: Re: YDL 1.2.1 on PM9600 with NewerTech G4/400 - Processor recognized as G3 only
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@mail.demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 12:00:24 MST

AFAIK there is no stable 2.4.x kernel for PPC yet... One hasn't been
released anyhow. I've got 2.2.19 running on my test box with no
problems, it has many of the features (but not all obviously) of 2.4.x

IN THEORY you can just copy the tarball over and compile it on your
PPC machine. But like I said, there isn't a 'release' 2.4 kernel yet
for PPC.

I've successfully done just that with 2.2.18 and 2.2.19 though!

Bryn