2.4.18 Compiled Kernel Won't Boot

Subject: 2.4.18 Compiled Kernel Won't Boot
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 14:05:52 MST

System: Wallstreet G3 Powerbook
Ran all the compile steps, no problems (that I noticed).
On boot, it completes the line:

Configuring Kernel Parameters ... [ OK ]

then it just stops with a flashing cursor.
In the other kernels, that next line is about setting the clock, so I tried all three options; y,m and n for rtc support, no change.
/dev/rtc exists.
It would seem that the trouble might have nothing to do with the rtc.
Any suggestions about where to look for the problem, or other config settings that might make it work?

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
I don't use Windows.