Re: Compiled Kernel Wont Work

Subject: Re: Compiled Kernel Wont Work
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 23:28:39 MST

Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote:

>Hi there!
>

>I run YDL version 2.0 with the 2.2.19 kernel. The setup incorporates a
>dual-boot arrangement ... on my 6 Gig hard drive. It works fine but I
>thought I'd improve things by going to a 2.4 kernel. I went to the iMac
>linux site and followed the links to the 2.4.19pre1 kernel.

FYI, kernels labelled preX are experimental, probably not the sort of
thing you want to play with if you aren't a kernel hacker. Best stay
with the final releases, the most recent of which is 2.4.18. But this
isn't your problem if yaboot can't find the kernel file.

Best show us your yaboot.conf file and an ls of /boot.

Ben.