Re: rp3-config fatal error

Subject: Re: rp3-config fatal error
From: Geert Janssens (geert.janssens3@pandora.be)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 03:35:06 MST

Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>>You ask two questions.
>>
>>1.
>>For the french keyboard, have a look at this:
>>
>><http://www.linux-france.org/macintosh/installation-ydl-2.1.html>
>>

> i did another install but, again, after a reboot, the oldest keyboard remains.

I had a similar problem for a while trying to use a Belgian keyboard layout.

For me, changing the keyboard layout in XFree86.conf-4 changed the
keyboard effectively for the login screen I got when X started. After
entering KDE or Gnome, the keyboard was US again.

Both KDE and Gnome provide a way to set the keyboardmap. I did that and
now my keyboard layout is ok.

For KDE, I believe you can set it via the control panel. In Gnome (which
I am using currently), I mananaged via a panel applet
Gnome Menu -> Add to Panel -> Applet -> Utility -> GKB International
Keyboard
There I created a new keyboard layout (in my case named "Be" with
command "setxkbmap be" and the appropriate icon), and set that as my
keyboard layout.

Maybe that helps.

Geert