Tongue-in-cheeck (Was: Startup services)

Subject: Tongue-in-cheeck (Was: Startup services)
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 12:23:04 MST

on 21/2/02 19:50, nathan r. hruby at nhruby@arches.uga.edu wrote:

> This is a question that's been asked and answered on this list many, many
> times. Can someone write a FAQ about this and send it on to the YDL
> people (possibly for inclusion in the next manual. I'd do it but I have
> too much on my plate at the moment.

How about YDL (or someone capable of doing so -- I can write an AppleScript
but that's the extent of my spare time) writing GUI front ends that deal
with the FAQs that seem to crop up regularly? I realise Linux is a free OS
but I imagine that the programmers would like their labours to be accessible
to all (excuse me if such a suggestion/request is blasphemy to hardcore
*nixers -- I'm only just starting to delve into the world of Linux).