Re: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found

Subject: Re: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found
From: John Brier (johnbrier@mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 13:43:03 MST

Chris, thanks a lot! It worked great, all I had to do was key in
install-kernel22-text hda 0 6 43 or something like that at the yaboot
prompt! It worked I didn't even have to mount the hard drive of cd rom.
Now I have to figure out how to get the sound, and airport to work. When
sound tries to load it fails.

On Saturday, March 2, 2002, at 06:30 AM, Chris Croome wrote:

> Hi John
>
> On Fri 01-Mar-2002 at 10:05:45 -0500, John Brier wrote:
>> I have tried to install YDL 2.1 on my brand new ibook 600 CDRW/DVD
>> (Sony CRX 800E)
>>
>> I have tried almost all of the install modes including text. Does
>> anyone know what to do here?
>
> Yes, follow the instructions in this thread:
>
> http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/yellowdog-general/February02/0599.html
>
> It worked for me :-)
>
> Chris
>
> --