can't resolve named hosts

Subject: can't resolve named hosts
From: Justin Christopher (jchristopher@takenote.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 14:30:31 MST

I connect to the internet via an Airport Base Station that hands out IPs
via DHCP at boottime. Works fine for Windows and OS X clients, both
wired and wireless.

Under YDL 2.1 on my iBook, I can ping numeric hosts on my LAN, ping the
IP of the base station, and ping external internet hosts
(206.117.xxx.yyy, etc. ). But named hosts like mail.mydomain.com or
www.yahoo.com just time out and never connect.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot? I'm pretty sure the base station is
setup fine, since it works for other OS. Thanks!