RE: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found

Subject: RE: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found
From: Edwin Chan (ergc0903@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 16:17:11 MST

to solve this problem a week or so ago... in short, you have to switch the
virtual console (apple, ctrl, fn, f2),
and use the makedevs command to create the device files:
    makedev b /dev/hda 3 0 0 16 s
    makedev b /dev/hdb 3 64 0 16 s (type makedevs at the prompt to see the
exact syntax, i'm typing this form memory..)

then mount:

    mount /dev/hdb /mnt/media

and you should be all set..

Ed