Re: 2.4.18 Compile Error

Subject: Re: 2.4.18 Compile Error
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 16:40:59 MST

I found the nice config instructions at
http://www.powerbooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=imaclinux.php3+record=46
and followed them closely, saving off a copy of the resulting config file.
After that, I ran the kernel build again, using:

    make vmlinux

Same error.
This is from the 2.4.18 sources from a kernel.org mirror.
Penguinppc pointed me toward the benh source tree.

With that finally rsync'ed over the 56K, it's time to compile, using the saved config file.

Same error. Exactly the same. Every time.

Different config settings, different source, different make commands, same error.

I'm stumped.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
I don't use Windows.