Re: Printing to a shared printer via samba

Subject: Re: Printing to a shared printer via samba
From: Jer_57 (jer_57@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 19:49:41 MST

Hello ripstop,

  Have you tried running (as root) printtool from an xterm session?
  Walks ya right through connecting to smb printers!

  jer

Sunday, March 03, 2002, 7:30:26 PM, you wrote:

rmc> I've got YDL 2.1 up and running with samba, but I'm having some difficulty finding out how I can print to a Laserprinter which is being shared via a Win2k Pro server.

rmc> I can view the shared printer via the following command:

rmc> smbclient -L //pc-server

rmc> but I'm at a loss as to how to set this resource up as my primary printer...can someone point me in the right direction, please ?

rmc> Ripstop

rmc> Global Virtual Desktop
rmc> Get your free Desktop at http://www.magicaldesk.com

--