Open Firmware, "blessing" partitions & restarting

Subject: Open Firmware, "blessing" partitions & restarting
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 20:49:15 MST

Hello ya'll, I've run into a little bit of a problem here (that I'm about to
see if booting into Open Firmware will fix). Somewhere in booting an OS X
installer disk (to do a verify), booting Norton Systemworks CD & defragging
the two Mac partitions I've lost the boot loader.

One interesting side-effect of Norton Disk Doctoring the OS X partition was
that OS X now sees the "boot" partition on its desktop. Can the "boot"
partition be used to transfer files back-and-forth between OS X & Linux & is
it a dangerous idea to do so? (I'll find out soon enough if it's easy to
access boot on the Linux side (provided I get Linux back up and running)).

L8r, Eric.