X sound server/pismo 400

Subject: X sound server/pismo 400
From: Paul Guba (paulguba@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 07:59:52 MST

I thought I recall seeing some post about this last month but cannot get
to Feb archives yet. I am running YDL 2.1 on a powerbook pismo G3 400,
512 meg of ram, 30gig HD. Three boot system with each OS having 10gig
partition. Install went smoothly only problem so far is no sound under
X. I receive this message when starting X server:

Error while initializing sound driver
Can't set playback format (_format=17, asked driver to give 16, got 32)

Don't recall if this is similar to earlier posting. I was also thinking
that since this is a relatively new install that it might be better to
download newest version of YDL 2.2.