Re: last straw

Subject: Re: last straw
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 14:14:24 MST

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Ryan Mesler wrote:

> i really really want linux working with my modem. im crippled without the
> internet! i work for an ISP!! i NEED the internet for daily use. i'm a long
> time slack user and have no troubles getting my external modems and internal
> ISA modems working in linux. no troubles at all. i've heard of people that
> had the same problems that i've had with their iMac modems but none have
> been able to help.
>
> i'm at my wits end... can someone please help me??

I apologize if I've suggested this before and you've already tried it,
but I had to set the pre- and post-init delays to > 160 for my modem
to work (I use KPPP, which had a default delay of 50).

Good luck,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go