Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US

Subject: Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US
From: Jonathan Singer (jsinger@genome.wi.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 17:37:12 MST

>are you sure this is even real? it sounds pretty fake...

This legislation (SSSCA) is currently pending. It's a terrible law and most computer users won't want to see it pass.

The list of activities that it would allegedly forbid is basically nonsense though, to a degree that I think is counterproductive to more responsible opposition to the bill. And this whole thing is off-topic here.