Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US

Subject: Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US
From: Jim Potter (jrp@wvi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 18:00:21 MST

Last yeart when he (Hollings, appears to be fronting for disney & co) tried
this, I called their office and his aide told me that we (the public,
taxpayers, etc) weren't supposed to see this until much, much later, so go back
to sleep, please... We'll tell you when we're ready for you to know about it.

The guy seemed genuinely upset that we found out about it before they wanted us
to.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter 45th Parallel Processing (503) 769-9138 jrp@wvi.com

Those that would give up a necessary freedom for temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety. -- Ben Franklin