Re: yaboot.conf illegal line error, won't load linux

Subject: Re: yaboot.conf illegal line error, won't load linux
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 18:19:01 MST

The engineers notes at the end of the yellow dog installation instructions
tell you how to boot off the CD.

stick the cd in the drive
boot the mac with the c key held down to boot off the CD
at the boot prompt type
cd-linux root=/dev/hda??

replace ?? with your root partition number (you did write it down didn't
you?)

Ben.