Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US

Subject: Re: SSSCA will make open source illegal in the US
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 20:29:14 MST

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 06:40 pm, Justin Christopher wrote:
> Despite the slight errors, however, it's very real and very dangerous. It
> really would be a complete nightmare if passed and deserves your immediate
> attention if you work in the computer industry.

Intel sent in heavy guns to protest the bill in the commerce commitee that
that Hack Democrat from S.C, conducting the hearings for the Movie/Music
industry is conducting - read - "it's dead" because, as Intel pointed out, it
would stifle tech, and tech is now a far larger industry (read -" we got more
money and more campaign financing") monitarily then the entertainment
industry. Intel summed up the situation with this " in the end, you can only
slow down innovation, you can't stop it - our customers expect ease of use
and the ability to do what they want to in the most convienient manner
possible - including the aquisition of all of their media"

They will fight it to the death - as it would mean a massive loss in sales if
people can't do what they have come now to expect - they won't upgrade.

--
 Robert Brandtjen