remote x windows and two ethernet cards

Subject: remote x windows and two ethernet cards
From: Duane Stites (duane@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 07:09:20 MST

I have a 7200/120 with kernel 2.4.18benh and YD2.1. I have two ethernet
cards the onboard and a secondary eepro100. The onboard card is connected
to my cable modem using DHCP and the eepro100 is connected to a hub on my
local network with a static address. When both adapters are up and running
I cannot get an remote x session working. Xwin32 just hangs and eventually
says that the connection was refused. If I release the address to the
onboard ethernet remote X works when connecting from my local network. I
have tried connecting from the internet and my local network with both cards
running, both hang and give the same error message.

Thanks,
Duane