RE: Linux laptops

Subject: RE: Linux laptops
From: Ralph Wiggums (ralphwiggums@linuxwaves.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 13:19:50 MST

Darren wrote:
"I understand your pain. It can be EXTREMELY frustrating. I stayed away
from USB for the longest time, until it really settled down in 2.4. I
actually,... But without their help, I would have had to come up
with the installer, the packages, the time, and effort to make sure all of
the port of the kernel works, find some way to deal with Open Firmware, Get
the kernel loaded that I would not have known if it worked, and then debug
and repeat. There is a lot of work that was done, and I am grateful for it. ,..."

-Thanks for putting it all back into perspective, .... ;-)

has anyone ever read the 'old' linux installation doc's that people posted as they figured out step-by-step how to install linux, before commercial distro where available, i'd still be looking for packages and patches and drivers, and stuff i don't even fully understand yet,....

O.K. YDL isn't quiet 'prime time' yet, but by the same token apple want's to charge me $20 for a gnu gcc compiler for osx, well, that's just not very 'open source' friendly, is it,....

Get your spam-free, Linux email now --> http://www.LinuxWaves.com
Join Linux discussions --> http://Community.LinuxWaves.com

You deserve a better email address! Get personalized email @yourname
or @yourcompany from Everyone.net --> http://www.everyone.net?tag