RE: Linux laptops

Subject: RE: Linux laptops
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 13:28:34 MST

I agree, IceBook is not new hardware, but take a look at when it was
released, and when 2.1 was released, not THAT far apart. I may have seemed
ranty, but hours and hours of documentation get to a programmer. :) 2.2,
HOPEFULLY will address most, if not all of these issues. If the same things
happens with 2.2 and the TiBook and IceBook, I will be right beside you.
But, I have a feeling, Terrasoft will do their best. Seems almost like I
work for them, considering how I plug them, huh? Remember, Windows is
actually respun every once in a while to include new drivers, and support.
Anyone remember how many versions of Win95 there were? Orig, OSR 1, OSR 2,
OSR 2.5, etc... Solaris has the same thing done, there are different
releases of Solaris that have month stamps on them that include new support
and fixes. YDL is released, then updates are placed in the YUP servers.
How YUP is misconfigured by default is an issue, but that is another thread,
or two, or 50 Bazillion! HEHE.

Darren