RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: Linux laptops")

Subject: RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: Linux laptops")
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:01:13 MST

No, no, I get the point, and I mostly agree with you. And I wasn't trying to
compare the usability/power of Linux to the other, earlier OS's, just that
things take time to evolve.

It's also a matter of expectations. In the early days, users were so amazed
by what they could do that their expectations were low. Twenty years later
people don't stand for crap and/or inconvenience.

I also realize many people use these forums to vent as there's no
Customer/Technical Support for Linux like Microsoft or Apple to scream at.

Are we having fun yet? <g>

Pete