RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: L inux laptops")

Subject: RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: L inux laptops")
From: fulghum, matt (matt2@bcc.cba.ua.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:23:49 MST

I'm with you man; what the previous poster neglects to mention about most of
those other operating systems is that the drivers for those devices were
developed in house, by people who had complete access to the hardware apis,
and were more importantly doing work for hire. this is a totally different
ballgame. the linux on ppc crowd is a very small subset of the overall
community, and anyone who is surprised that YDL is having teething issues in
a 2.0 revision should just go back to os9.

just my $2e-2.

mhf