RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: Linux laptops")

Subject: RE: Big surprise: Linux ain't Windows or MacOS. GASP! (was "RE: Linux laptops")
From: wtaggar (wtaggar@mail.uark.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:59:14 MST

wow- that beats my story...not my first experience with computer sound but one
of the most distinct...I
played a snippet of Foghat's "slowride" off a 5' 1/4" disk on my Commodore
some time in the 80s...I thought
it was just the coolest...

and btw one of the earlier writers was correct-- linux is a different ballgame
and I understand that. but it still
makes me frustrated. And to be one of the few people on the planet to have
linux PPC running on a
brand-new Powerbook G4 is kind of cool. I just wish I knew enough about
drivers to contribute more.

will