Re: Linux laptops

Subject: Re: Linux laptops
From: Shawn Dunn (osirusg@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 12:48:32 MST

You know, call me crazy, but on all of my ancient old tanks that I've got
YDL or MkLinux running on, (Everything from a 6100/60 to my Performa 6205,
and my desktop, a Performa 6360) the video/sound/scsi/usb/whatever has
worked fine on the default install, did apple go to some odd chipsets or
something in the later machines? because frankly, I've never experienced
any of these problems with the install, and if it was later in the life of
the install, it was usually operator error i.e. "I'll push this button as
root, and see what happens" Just my two cents on the issue, maybe I'm way
off base here.

                --Shawn