Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)

Subject: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)
From: Shawn Dunn (osirusg@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:37:39 MST

I've been sort of following the thread here, and seen some good points on
both sides of the argument, but I, for one, use linux primarily for the
experience, knowledge, and challenge, as well as the stability and power of
the system.

Granted, I'm a tinkerer, I've got systems ranging from a IIci running A/UX,
and an SE/30 running OpenBSD, all the way up to my newest, a soon to be
7500/G4, probably getting whatever facsimile of Slackware I can bang out, or
OSX.

 I guess I must be an exception to the total experience, as I've had nothing
but good luck with YDL, with the exception of my dislike for RH Linux.
Seems all too often we're entirely too fast to criticize, and I rarely see a
positive post on ANY linux mailing list, not just the YDL related ones, and
while it's certainly not going to make me unsubscribe, I may begin to be a
little more selective in the threads I follow.

I don't have any answers for you, I walked into the *nix world with my eyes
wide open, and was prepared for what was needed to have a useable system,
but I happily laid down the cash to buy 2.0 when it was released, and would
just like to offer my thanks and kudos to the YDL team.

                --Shawn