Sound on Linux laptops

Subject: Sound on Linux laptops
From: Paul Guba (paulguba@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 20:07:33 MST

So now that we have all moaned about or defended this OS. How about
some solutions. It seems that some people have got sound working on
their various imacs or powerbooks. Either by luck or hard work. Others
have said its not so hard. So prove it to me. Write a How To win a
T-Shirt. I'll buy you a T-shirt if you can write it so I can read it
and get sound working, play a CD and MP3s on my pismo. I don't have
time to search the web for solutions. I want a straight forward how to.