Re: move /var

Subject: Re: move /var
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 20:53:47 MST

This reply is wrong. Since you actually want to move the data from one
partition to another, you still have to copy it. If you mount the disk
at /var then that is all you have to do to make the disk appear in the
right place (this is what you do in the fstab).

The other reply to this question was good.

Ben.