Re: iptables and misc. 'missing commands'

Subject: Re: iptables and misc. 'missing commands'
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 21:30:38 MST

Hi again!

I'm at a loss here, newbie as I am. My 'lsmod, modprobe' commands are
located in '/sbin/' and if you don't have them we need some guru help.

But, by using 'modprobe ip_tables' and 'modprobe iptable_nat' you're ment to
test your initial iptables-1.25 installation. Later you need to edit
'/etc/modules.conf' and put in 'alias iptable_nat' and 'alias ip_tables' and
so on (you don't need to do them all since some of them loads others). Maybe
you can try this and restart? For some reason though, I start my iptables
modules from /etc/rc.d/rc.local with the modprobe command.

I would be glad if someone more experienced would shed some light on the
matter! At least with the missing commands!

Sorry about the late answer, but we have a time difference...

Best Regards,

Ake Svensson