Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)

Subject: Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 23:53:32 MST

On Thursday 07 March 2002 12:10 am, Justin Christopher wrote:
> Hey, I have no problem with there NEVER being sound support. I just
> think Yellow Dog should not be saying they "support" these computers
> when in fact it doesn't work.

It runs doesnt it ? ergo it's supported -
just ask all of those beige G3 owners running OSX 10.1.3 now that quick time
is largely broken for them - or how about all of those people with orphaned
SCSI cards and peripherals - or the ones who bought NVdia cards and ATI cards
directly from the vendor and now will not work on OSX because they don't have
Apple's precise rom on them (read BS marketing scam by Apple)-

yep - next in line for non-OSX TRUE compatibility will be the early
blue&white models -

If you search the OSXadmin list you'll see I predicted it 18 months ago -
then the next target was the Beige G3.

By the way- exactly how much did you pay for the YDL distro you have ?

--
 Robert Brandtjen