Re: Shout/Ice Casting from Linux

Subject: Re: Shout/Ice Casting from Linux
From: Neill Miller (neillm@thecodefactory.org)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 16:07:38 MST

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:59:20 -0800
sfalken <sfalken@citlink.net> wrote:

> Interesting question here folks, I've got a freind that has setup an Icecast
> server, and occaisionally, I like to get on the air and make an ass of
> myself, which requires me to boot my 6360 back into OS8.6 and use Soundjam
> MP, is there any sort of broadcasting software available for Linux/PPC?

You might want to check out "liveice". I've used it before with Linux/PPC and had decent results - although I stuck to playlists and didn't use the soundcard input features. There is also an XMMS plugin that allows you to broadcast whatever is playing to an icecast server.

Here's a decent starting point:
http://people.hbesoftware.com/~heckmann/streaming-howto/

-Neill.

--