Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)

Subject: Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 01:36:03 MST

On Friday 08 March 2002 09:10 pm, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:
> Far from the only possible reason.  A couple that come to mind: To
> limit the size of the testing matrix, and to allow then to implement
> fancy features with the assumption of a certain baseline CPU.

THe baseline CPU was a 350 Mhz cpu - a 9600 with a G3 500 smokes that - in
fact, what was the fastest shipping apple when the beta was released ? 600
G4? hardly a big enough boost to warrent killing off those machines - it is
for me to decide what and how I will run my software, not Apple.

But since Apple has choosen this path - I have choosen Intel hardware - it's
better supported by the existing OS'es.

:-)

--
 Robert Brandtjen