Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)

Subject: Re: Ease Of Use and Hardware Support (WAS: Linux Laptops)
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 21:23:48 MST

On Saturday 09 March 2002 08:24 pm, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:
> That's really what I was getting at; "requirements" or "minimum
> requirements" is such a common technique for avoiding liability that
> Apple's legal department is unlikely to ever allow phrasing like
> "fully supported" to be associated with any software product, purely
> on general principles.  I don't know if it did happen -- but it seems
> unlikely.  Lucky break for the class action if it did.

It doesn't matter, the machines were sold as "being fully supported by
Apple's next generation OS"

even in August of 2000 they were making that claim - ALL Apple G3's means
all apple g3's - the suit will most likely win - you can make inducements to
sell hardware then renege later on because it no longer suits your bank
balance - it constitutes a contract, period.

--
 Robert Brandtjen