Re: MP3 rippng too slow

Subject: Re: MP3 rippng too slow
From: Ryan Mesler (kraylus@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 11:15:48 MST

it may also be that when you're using grip to do a batch project it doesnt
notify you when one track is done. the progress meter is for the entire CD,
not the current track. grip is merely a front end for cdparanoia and lame.

cdparanoia is what's used to get the data from the cd and in my past
experiences it's been quite fast. i recall my first days using it and when
telling it to rip an entire cd, it'd only display the status meter for the
whole batch. i didn't much care for that but then i realized that it was
ripping the cd as one big file rather than say 12 different ones. might want
to look into that and see how it's being done.

R.L. Mesler <Kraylus>
Call me Kray

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

ICQ: 45088864
AIM: Kraylus