Re: trying something different

Subject: Re: trying something different
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:46:00 MST

Ryan Mesler wrote:

>excellent. i'll do that then. i dont wanna pay for any software to do it.
>the whole idea was "free". if i wanted to pay money for it, i would have
>bought it from linuxcentral.com for 10 bucks (plus S+H).
>
>how long would it take to dl a full ISO (650mb or so) on a cable connection.

Before you download make sure you can burn an ISO - the other reply said
that you probably don't have the software to do it. The only way I have
burned an ISO on MacOS 9 is with Toast - but I was using the full version.

MacOS 9 has something called Disc Burner, which you can start up. It
then asks you to insert a blank media to begin, but I can't get any
further than that because I don't have a burner. I don't know if it
allows you to burn a .iso or not. (Dammit - I think it crashed my
machine too...)

If you're determined to burn it for 'free' (ignoring download costs...),
then you might have more luck with doing it under Linux. Look up
xcdroast. But it might be a lot less trouble to just be parted from your
$10...

Ben.