Re: MP3 rippng too slow

Subject: Re: MP3 rippng too slow
From: Steven Frankini (sfrankini@mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 21:58:54 MST

What? Your soundcard shouldn't be a factor in ripping cds at all. Programs
like iTunes (mac), EAC(Win), and cdparanoia(linux) directly extract audio
from the disk. No sound card even needs to be in the system to rip. There is
still room for error in the process, but your soundcard isn't to blame for
poor quality.

Any difference in quality directly relates to the codec used and it
settings. (bitrate, vbr, highpass/lowpass, etc.)

The soundcard only becomes a factor in playback.