Re: Connecting to a 10/100 Hub

Subject: Re: Connecting to a 10/100 Hub
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 03:45:37 MST

Ethernet connectivity works below the IP layer so the choice of IP address
is irrelevant to the operation of the hub. Most hubs adapt to whatever
Ethernet option you are using so, assuming the Umax Ethernet interface uses
a standard chipset, it's unlikely that you'll need to do anything on the
Linux side.

Have you tried all the ports on the hub? I have an Ethernet card that
works badly with one port on my hub and is fine with others.

  Iain

--On Wednesday, March 13, 2002 10:04 am +0000 John Doyle