Linux/OS X -- mounting HDs + a CLUI question

Subject: Linux/OS X -- mounting HDs + a CLUI question
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 09:25:57 MST

First question:

Hi I've got a dual question for people here. How does one mount a volume
using the Terminal in OS X and is it the same for YDL?

I recently unmounted a volume in the Finder and couldn't figure out how to
"mount" it so I rebooted (didn't have time to spend experimenting).

Second question:

In OS X Terminal I can hit the tab key to complete a command or get a list
of commands. I couldn't access that feature in the YDL GNOME (or was it
KDE?... the one with the gears in the picture, the default install)
"terminal" app. Tab would do nothing for me there, and when I tried logging
in using the alternate sessions (opt-comm-F-key (or was that opt-ctrl-Fkey))
it wouldn't work either.

Is there a way to activate this feature in Linux (I assume it exists since
someone suggested it to me once in this forum).

Thanks, Eric.